mercredi 20 octobre 2010

Review on Dear John

Hey people on the internet, well it’s been a very long time since I wrote on my blog and I’m very sorry about that, but I have been very busy.  But today I’m going to to a review about the book and the movie of Dear John. I’m pretty sure most girls have read or saw this movie.  If some don’t know this book well here is a summary about it:
“Special Forces Army Sergeant John Tyree is home on a two-week leave from Germany. He meets Savannah Curtis after he dives into the ocean to retrieve Savannah's purse that had fallen off the pier. John is smitten by Savannah and falls in love at first sight. Savannah is a college student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is on spring break and is helping build a house for Habitat for Humanity. John joins in with Savannah to help build the house. Along the way a budding romance occurs, and Savannah falls deeply in love with John. As she is about to go back to college, she promises to write John overseas during the next 12-months until he returns to her after completing his enlistment. Their love is put to the test when John reenlists after the 9/11 attack.”
Well here you go that is the summary about this story. I can’t tell you more because I will reveal the end for you.
Well here is my opinion about this story; I think people should watch the movie before, than read the book and finally re-watch the movie. Because like most movies based on a book the movie isn’t has good has the book. But this story if you watch it, you will fall in love with it and you will want to read the book and know all the different details.
Ok so I don’t want to spoil the story for you but, some parts of the story are different in the movie than in the book. Especially the end is very different than in the book. From my point of view I think the end is the book is made more sense than in the movie, it goes more into the flow of the story but, it is a sad ending. So if there is anyone that likes happy ending movies than keep it to the movie, don’t read the book. But if you want a challenge than read the book, like even if it’s not the best ending it’s still a good book.   

1 commentaire:

  1. Why is it the books are always so much better than the movie version? One of life's great mysteries. Good review!

    RépondreSupprimer